We are thrilled to share an update with you including an announcement of our first two events!
Over 50 people joined our August 21st community meeting and shared a lot of ideas and challenges both in the meeting and on paper. This feedback has created our focus areas:
- Art! to build art skills and business knowledge
- Community! to build an artist community within Dripping Springs
- Connection! to support awareness and art sales
Over the past five weeks we’ve focus on 4 primary areas:
- Nonprofit formation: this is important because it speaks to our relationship with the art community. We are here to enhance the lives of area artists and the community, not to generate profit or power. Our nonprofit status enables us to work with various resources to help mitigate much of the cost of events and workshops. We seek for our programming to be affordable to all.
- Staffing up: we have assembled a passionate, diverse, and determined group of volunteer artists, gallery owners, and business leaders intent on working together to deliver game changing programming and events.
- Programming plans: from your feedback, we have developed an extensive and broad programming palette including six quarterly offerings:
- Hands-on Art Experiences – Workshops, Make-and-takes, and Demonstrations – Local Artists sharing their techniques and creative ideas with members in an interactive format.
- Business Forums for Artists – Gatherings with professional speakers who share best practices for marketing and selling your art.
- Art Social Connections – Gatherings offering opportunities to build community and connection. Create relationships for support, camaraderie, and mentorship.
- Plein Air Events – Free-form outdoor “make-your-own art in community” events. Meet-up with DSAL members to create art outside, hosted by different members and friends of the DSAL.
- Spotlight Events – Join an artist member for a personal conversation and sharing of their unique creative processes. View how they organize their work space, share in the story of their journey in art making, and witness their art in process.
- Organized Clubs – member organized meet-ups with “like-minded” artists on-the-regular to build long lasting support for specific media of artistry. DSAL will facilitate
- PLUS…Tours & More: we are planning gallery and home studio tours, as well as partner events to bring art to the broader Dripping Springs community.
- And now, the exciting part…We just can’t wait for 2024, so we have scheduled two upcoming events:
Collaborative Art Mixer
Create and socialize with your fellow artists
Saturday, November 4th, 3-6pm
9217 Highway 290 W Suite 140, Austin, TX 78736
Hill Country Plein Air
Bring your easel and paints & a sack lunch
Sunday, December 3, Come & Go 10-3
350 Madrone Canyon Drive; Dripping Springs, TX
We hope you will join us this year to meet your fellow artists and get a taste of what is in store for 2024.
Dripping Springs Art League, Inc.
Steve Friedman, President & Community Outreach*
Erhan Oktay, Treasurer*
Amy Nelipovich, Secretary*
Debbie Vincent, Art in Public Spaces*
Jennifer Friedman, Membership*
Alison Cairns, Publicity*
Natalie Griffith Robichaux, Programming Co-Chair
Gretchen Edelmon, Programming Co-Chair
Pilar Tafares, Tours Co-Chair
Vanessa Anderson, Tours Co-Chair
*Board of Directors
Dripping Springs Art League
Art! Community! Connection!